App | Privacy Agreement
Effective Date: January 6, 2022
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal Information You Provide. Personal information that users, parents, or guardians may provide through the App or otherwise communicate to us includes:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, phone number, and mailing address.
- Student information, such as:
- Enrollment information, including the name of and information about the student’s school/institution, courses, grades, teachers, and class schedules.
- School portal information, such as URL and log-in information for school services, which users may choose to link to their Untapped account.
- Performance and medical information, such as information about learning disabilities, accommodations, medical diagnoses, and other assessments made by mentors, schools, or professionals.
- Demographic information, such as gender and date of birth.
- Parent or guardian contact information, such as name, email address, or phone number.
- Account information, such as the username or user ID, password, date of birth, and profile information created by users of the App. If students share log-in information for their school’s online portal, that information will also be stored in the App and used by mentors to access relevant information within the portal.
- Communications, such as messages sent between users of the App, information associated with your inquiries to us, and any feedback you provide when you chat or otherwise communicate with us through the App.
- User generated content, such as to-do tasks, assignments, goals, and any videos or audio recordings created on or provided to the App.
- Preferences, such as communication preferences.
- Personal Information Collected Automatically. We and our service providers may automatically log certain information about you, your computer or mobile device and your activity on our App. For example, we collect:
- Online activity information, such as App launches, taps, clicks, scrolling information, crash data, video views, App performance data, and how users interact with the App. We also may create event logs that are useful in diagnosing App performance-related issues and capture information relating to any support or service issue.
- Device information, such as device ID, which we collect as part of our crash logs and for delivering in-App notifications, device operating system type and version number, wireless carrier, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
We use software development kits, or “SDKs,” in the App to collect some of this information automatically. SDKs are third-party computer codes that may be used for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of our App and to add features or functionality to our App. Parents or guardians may view more information in the section below titled “Children” or by visiting our COPPA Operators List.
- Personal information Collected from Third Parties. We may receive or collect personal information from third parties, such as the student’s school or institution (including personal information that is collected when a student provides log-in information or connects to their school’s online portal through the App) and other users, such as when mentors or coordinators provide student information to the App.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To Operate the App and Communicate with Users. We use personal information to provide, operate and improve the App, to connect users on the App and facilitate our mentoring services for students, to communicate with users and parents or guardians about the App, including by sending out announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages, to understand user needs and interests, to personalize user experience with the App; and to respond to user requests, questions, and feedback related to the App.
- For Research and Development. We analyze use of the App to study trends and users’ movements around the App, gather demographic information about our user base, improve the App, and develop new products and services. We may create aggregated and other anonymous data from our users’ information. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties to understand and improve the App, promote our business, and for other lawful business purposes.
- For Compliance, Fraud Prevention and Safety. We may use your personal information and share it with government officials, law enforcement or private parties, as we believe appropriate to protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims), to protect against, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, to comply with applicable laws, court orders, subpoenas and other legal process, and requests from government authorities, and where permitted by law in connection with a legal investigation.
- With Consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your (or your parent or guardian’s) consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Affiliates and Related Companies. We may share personal information with our affiliates and subsidiaries, including companies that we own or control, that own or control us, or that are under common ownership or control with us, regardless of whether these companies share our same name.
- Service Providers. We may share personal information with service providers that perform services for Untapped. These services are used for the operation of our business and in the operation of the App, including hosting providers, email and SMS service providers, authentication services, scheduling services, notification providers, database management, and other services. We may also share personal information with persons, companies, or professional firms providing Untapped with advice and consulting in accounting, administrative, legal, tax, financial, debt collection, and other matters.
- Authorities, Law Enforcement, and Others. We may also disclose information collected about you to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, if we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation, or in response to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process, or as we believe necessary for the compliance and protection purposes described above in the section titled “USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.”
- Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including personal information, in connection with a business deal (or potential deal) involving a merger, sale of company shares or assets, financing, acquisition, consolidation, reorganization, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings), provided the successor entity is subject equivalent privacy and security commitments as Untapped for the previously collected personal information and the information disclosed continues to be used for only educational/school purposes.
- review their Child’s personal information, request that it be deleted, or refuse to allow any further collection or use of their Child’s personal information;
- agree to our collection and use of their Child’s personal information without allowing disclosure to third parties unless the disclosure is part of the App; or
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
The App may contain links to other websites and services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control third party websites, applications or services, and are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding their collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read their privacy policies to learn more.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of reasonable organizational, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. If you have a user account for the App, you are solely responsible for maintaining and protecting the confidentiality of your account password and other account information in your possession.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Untapped is headquartered in the United States, and we may have affiliates and service providers in the United States and other countries. Your personal information may be collected, used, and stored in the United States or other locations outside of your home country. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal information may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country.
Attn: Privacy Agent
555 Burbank, Ste. M
Broomfield, CO 80020